Friday, November 19, 2010

6 Weeks Post Partum

It seems like the mastitis is gone!  I still have a red area where the infection started and my Dr. doesn't know why.  Maybe it's due to the stretch marks I have there?? Just as long as the mastitis doesn't come back.

 Sadly, I have oral thrush but I have been working hard to clear it up.  Thankfully the baby doesn't have it and I am praying I don't get an overgrowth of candida in my guts.  I'm taking 50 billion organisms of probiotics a day and will continue doing so for a while. 

I'm still healing from the birth and in another month or two I will have to decide if I want/need to have some out-patient surgery to correctly put me back together. 

Still have 11 to 12 pounds to lose.  This is the longest it's taken me to lose the baby weight.  With the other two I was wearing my pre-preg clothes right after birth and the weight was gone by 2 weeks post partum.  It's taking longer, but the breastfeeding does work for me and I know it will go. 




1 comment:

Larissa said...

What an ordeal this has been for you. Interestingly enough, my weight came off super fast for my 1st and 3rd and pretty slowly with the 2nd and 4th. I am still working on losing my last 5 pounds from having Rosalie!

I didn't realize that you have thrush!! All those antibiotics can do a number on your gut! I hope and pray that you can get that under control - and that it doesn't spread to the baby!