Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Thoughts

It's been 3 days since we got the first positive test and the biggest thought I've had is that I wish I would feel this good for the next 8 months!  Realistically though, that is not going to happen.  At best I probably have just 2 short weeks until I start to feel sick. 

The children are so excited and my daughter has come to me several times saying "Mommy, I'm worried about baby.  Would you please drink some water to give to baby?"
They both want to play with baby and it was not getting through to them just how small baby is right now.  Yesterday I went into the pantry and got 2 grains of rice.  I gave one to each of them saying "this is how small baby is.  Can you play with baby?"  No, they each said.  They finally understand that baby needs to grow in mommy's womb for a loooooooong time.

We told the family by putting our son in a shirt that said "Big Brother". For family who live out of state we did a Skype call and those that were close we did it in person.   Some got it right away, but not everyone :)  It was a lot of fun to watch everyone's reaction when they figured it out.  It took my dad a long time.  He went in the other room to play with the kids and after DH and I had left (they were babysitting), came back to my mom and said "so when's it due?" 

No comments: